From June 2009 to June 2010 I had the privilege of Driving an All Electric MIMI E for a year, it was a great experience, and got me hooked on electric cars. I've since moved on to other electric cars which I will blog about.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

#304 back on the road

MINI E #304 is back from the shop and running well for theis relatively warm January we are having. Still no word on exactly what was wrong with it or why it was in the shop for a month, the service techs at Morristown MINI are as out of the loop on whats being done to the MINI E's as the customers are.
MINI is sending me a check for the time I've been without a car, I never bothered to get a loaner, as it would have meant anouther trip into the dealer, and I have a old Z3 I still enjoy driving.
I think the regenerative braking is aggressive again, They had turned it down after the service in September. Or it could be I've forgotten what its like to drive an electric car, but Im enjoying breaking with one petal again.

2 comments:

  1. Great News Robert! Wow, a month without the MINI E. Not sure I could handle that.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back Robert. About a week after I got mine back (in service 24 days) I got a call that I would be getting a check to reimburse me for the months lease payment also. Then I got a letter stating the same. It's good to see that MINI is doing this when the cars are out for extended periods.

    ReplyDelete